Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Springtime - renewal of (he)art


I didn't know what to do with my etsy store. I certainly have no intention of closing it, but I am not feeling the old business at all at this point. Too hurried, too much pressure, too much a one woman shipping factory. I got sick and it stopped being fun. Or maybe it stopped being fun and I got sick.

A much slower way of working holds its appeal - and so I'm committing to that. A life that allows me to catch up on all the things that get neglected when healing is your main job. Including relationships.

I ran into one of my friends in Target (ugh, yes) last night - it was one of those funny moments where you're thinking about someone in the early morning and then there they are in some way later in the day. It was really a tip off that it's time to do things other than work and be sick. I'm just so grateful that I get to think about more, finally.

So the etsy store is really going to be my online gallery of serious work. Well, as serious as it gets.

The bunny cuff is a vintage paper image, the beads form a bezel. It closes with a fifties glass button in kelly green, measures 6.5 inches and there's only one in the whole wide world.

No comments:

Post a Comment