Friday, February 15, 2013

Fresh Start

Hello! It's been a looong hiatus, but I'm firing up this poor jilted blog again. It seems I'm making things with renewed vigor. It's been a crazy few years here, but I'm looking forward to getting back into my studio!

I consolidated studio space, intensified my non-art business, and now things seem to be in that happy medium between money and time, where I can finally buckle down creatively.

I'm at a point in my life where I'm in it for me. I've made a lot of art in my time - art about complex issues, unanswerable questions, conflicts, struggles - and now I feel like I'm in a Preston Sturges movie - the only thing that some people have is a laugh and the only legacy that really matters is love and positivity.

I want to make things that make me happy, and I hope they make you happy too.

These are flat fiber art dolls - a little family of Russian dolls made from inktense pencils, fabric, fabric medium, beads, vintage trim, and synthetic felt.

No comments:

Post a Comment