Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Dolls and Tales - Art Journal and Flat Art Doll

Cat Flat Art Doll

Another one of my flat art dolls. This one was tough, because of the edge. They're too thick to leave raw or blanket stitch, and they're too fussy to bead around if I cut the limbs separately. However, as I stitch down like this the backing likes to travel out of line with the top layer. I need to find the right fix for this issue!

Anyhow, I may leave miss kitty well enough alone, or I may do an owl companion.  Not sure.

It's inktense, beading, embroidery, and it's backed with cotton duck - showroom sample scrap I purchased at SE Harris warehouse.

While we're on the subject of children's stories (maybe)

Queen Of Hearts Art Journal Page

I've started a small journal (5x7) and I'm not sure if it's going to be themed (I keep trying to do this) or just random. 

I think an "antagonists" gallery would be kind of neat and unusual. I could also write into the theme a lot - thinking about different obstacles.

Should I go for "antagonists" or stick to something more open, like faces or fiction or nothing in particular?

No comments:

Post a Comment