Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Postcard Art - Now He Knew What Shalimar Knew

“For now he knew what Shalimar knew: If you surrendered to the air, you could ride it.”

― Toni Morrison, Song of Solomon 

Over at Collage Obsession, the theme this week is "I can Fly."  I was doing some online digging and this young man's image really grabbed my attention, suggesting a less whimsical interpretation of the theme. I don't remember exactly how Song of Solomon bubbled up through my consciousness, but I'm glad it did - it puts everything here into the perfect context. If you haven't read it yet, do so, certainly.

Images and patterns are from The Graphics Fairy and Vintage Printable.
My own collection of vintage millinery flowers.
Decorative papers, walnut ink, distress stain, white posca, doily.

6"x4"

For:
Collage Obsession I can FlySo Artful Shades of Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment