Wednesday, April 24, 2013

New Print: Great Escape


New Shop Stuff:  Print!




Last night was one of those strange nights of total artistic failure and then a modicum of success when you remember to take a deep breath and switch directions.  I was working on something very intuitive, loose and messy, watching this image parade through variation after variation, none of them exactly what I wanted.

I wound up covering everything with gesso and paper. Working time: 9 hours.  

Sometimes them's just the breaks as they say.

So - long after I probably should have gone to sleep - I popped open one of my myriad 9x9 journals, and started drawing. 

It's everything the other isn't. Tight, straightforward, bright, flat, logical.  And it came on quickly and happily. Working time, about 2 or 3 hours. I didn't count too carefully.




No comments:

Post a Comment