Sunday, January 26, 2014

A is for ALOUETTE - Simon Mondays

Paperyum presents: A is for ALOUETTE.



I knew right away I wanted to do ALOUETTE for the letter A project over at the Simon Monday blog!

It's such a funny thing, that a song about plucking songbirds has come to stand for all things charming and Francophile. Trouble is, ALOUETTE is literally a Lark and I couldn't find a great lark image at the vintage source blogs - I settled for this random songbird from The Graphics Fairy as the starting point for what was going to be a stamped, painted and embellished mini cushion.

The first step: A little painting. A little stamping! I used lumiere inks and a fiskars border to create a distressed swirly texture to work on, in a copper on cream colorway:



Netxt: print the bird graphic directly onto some June Taylor cotton and heat set that puppy with my heat gun.

Then embellish, layer, stitch - basically I put the project into an embroidery hoop and treated it like I would a mini mixed media canvas! Everything is hand sewn.

Et Voila!





Alouette, gentil Alouette, Alouette, je te brocherai!

4 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous, love all the embroidery and beading, fantastic piece! Now I will be singing all evening - alouettte........Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful project! The hand sewn details are superb. I love this mixed media piece. Thank you so much for sharing it with us for the Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge. I've really enjoyed seeing your work. Thanks again. ~Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely mini cushion , the detail on the bird is fabulous and you have embellished beautifully . Thanks so much for joining in the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This bird heart cushion is beautiful! Love the bird and how you embellished the heart. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete