Saturday, February 1, 2014

29 faces day 1 - 4x6 with crumpling

For 29 faces - a face as the focal of a small painting. This is 4x6 and about as small as I can get comfortably, more power to the people who rock original ACEOS!




Experimenting with trashing my cardstock before painting on it.  Honestly I only halfway like it here, but it's worth playing with. Used distress inks, a Tim Holz lettering stamp, my own painting in acrylic, inktense pencils victorian butterfly collage cutouts (courtesy of justsomethingimade)

The butterflies were made into an acrylic skin - everyone familiar with that technique? I might do more with it in future posts.

After I was done I wasn't loving the surface, so it's nothing my quilting iron and wax couldn't enhance. It's a little crazy to put wax onto paper rather than a hard surface, but I think it worked.


21 comments:

  1. Interesting with the crumpling but it does give it a nice effect. Love the soft colors and her eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I think the wax looks great and I love the crumpled finish. I haven't heard of the acrylic skin technique.Sounds interesting.Love the face too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. On, it's so tiny and absolutely sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the distressed look - a little antique effect for such a sweet face! Nicely done and a lovely size :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful first face for the challenge, loving the crumpled look. Hugs Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh very interesting, very appealing color choices and from what i can see the distressing works!

    please take the captcha off it makes it much too hard to leave a comment and i need that time to paint.

    http://mimitabby.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful and an interesting technique. Love the handwriting stamp you used. We will look forward to hearing about acrylic skins. Thnx for visiting "Scattered".

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really beautiful! I love all of the different textures! Really neat

    http://www.artworkbyjm.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very beautiful! Love the depth to the features you achieved.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful! I love all the layers of it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Really like the texture in this face, beautiful!

    Annabelle : )

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous work I love the depth and texture....so pretty!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the face and the yellow intense is a great 'pop'. Happy PPF

    ReplyDelete
  14. she's just gorgeous and I love the effect of the wax coating!

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOW! She looks Gorgeous! Love the expression...so divine!
    HPPF!
    Deepa
    http://deepazworld.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  16. She is lovely. The colors you chose work to create a perfectly stunning piece.

    ReplyDelete