Sunday, February 2, 2014

Doing the opposite....

I set up a challenge for myself - I don't usually doodle in a way I find visually rewarding, I don't usually use line or fail to use layers, and I don't tend to work in a very graphic way.

So: HB pencil only in my sketchbook.

Scanned, digitally colored - I was going for the look of a poorly registered print, somewhat.

Valentine faces!  Thinking of you (plural) - me plural making art, all my various visual personae duking it out to see whose style will actually win.




9 comments:

  1. yesterday's piece is adorable and this one too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's different and I like it! Not to mention you got 3 faces in this one :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very neat. I like the line art. It is hard to believe that you don't usually do this type of art, because you certainly did it very well! Plus, 3 of 29 .... lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's nice to see different techniques. this looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is really super cute! I hope to see more in this style...and others.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love these pieces!
    You should definitely print them on cards to sell!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE these! I love your style. Instant follow :D

    ReplyDelete