Saturday, May 30, 2015

House of the Past - Art Journal Collage and Paint

I don't throw out much. I used to throw out mistakes, wanted to scrub them, forget them, move away from them.  Now I think mistakes are generally lying in wait, ready to be cut up and made into something that makes them even more awkward and even more terrific.


This piece didn't involve mistakes, per se, but proof prints with colors that weren't what I wanted. Printing greeting cards particularly seems to result in a lot of "oh, crap!" moments. I intend to get through this pile eventually, adding them to journal pages like this one.


9 comments:

  1. I happen to LOVE LOVE LOVE this piece...and can pin down why...I just do!! Great color and style...love the little arms and hands!! Great faces too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The beauty about pieces you don't like is with a bit of paint or collage you can make them something you like. I like your piece just as it is, but I know, you have to love it yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Giggles, thank you! Erika, I agree - it's why I keep everything. I'm fairly pleased with this :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's beautiful and how great that if you don't like something it can always be made into something you love.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful journal page! I really like the soft colours!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun painting! I love the softness of your artwork.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful way to use "mistakes". If I could paint as beautifully as your "mistakes", I'd be the happiest person in the world.

    ReplyDelete