Saturday, June 13, 2015

Summer of Color - Blue Blue and Green

I'm participating in Summer of Color for the first time  - it's a huge challenge, run by Kristin Van Valkenburgh at Twinkle Twinkle.  Every week there's a very loosely defined color palette.

For this week's challenge I used Pthalo blue red shade, Utrecht paint Aquamarine (a lightened Pt. Blue-green it seems) and to complicate things a bit Hooker's Green hue. A little gesso, a little white, and inktense pencils, in Chrome green and indigo. (which I think match in with the hooker's green and the blue pretty well.) Also I think green gelly roll pen which near-matched the aquamarine for some reason..

I did a journal spread in a smaller Moleskine that I've been keeping. I think my secondary challenge with these palettes is to loosen up and doodle into my work more - I want to get a bit more raw here. I like the way this one worked out.



don't forget, you still have a couple of days to sign up for my fun summer class at Uthrive!


8 comments:

  1. Love your style! Following you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these! Your style is so unique. Happy SOC!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy to have you playing along - your work is beautiful - thank you for sharing! Kristin xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you a million billion for running something so big and awesome! Looking forward to Monday. :)

      Delete
  4. Welcome to the SOC! I can't tell you how much I loved seeing your beautiful art work! You used the first week's SOC colors perfectly!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful portraits for the SOC challenge!

    ReplyDelete