This page started with a hand stamp I carved. I call the pattern "cairn" - you can't really see a lot of evidence of it here, but I'll be showing it off a lot. I'm LOVING carving my own stamps as a starting point - it's a great way to lay down a bunch of information onto that intimidating white page, and it's a nice way to keep the image vocabulary your own.
The flowers are collaged deco paper, though. I thought they went so nicely with the background I worked up with plenty of gelatos dripping. They do tend to migrate down the page in a different way from watercolors, it's hard to explain but you'll notice the difference if you try both.


Can't wait to get a better idea of what the stamp looks like. I love hand carved stamps! Also, I've been so tempted to try gelatos, but I'd be disappointed if they were too similar to other supplies I have. They seem to just be really creamy watercolor crayons....right? Do they dry permanent, or does water reactivate them?
ReplyDeleteI have a love hate. They are water reactivated. (meh) They are lipsticky in texture. (why?) but for this one application, the flooding over a gessoed surface? Man, they are nice for that and that alone.
DeleteThe colors are great - I'm curious about gelatos and in love with all water-based media, but I'm avoiding them. Mostly because I have no ROOM for them.. lol!
ReplyDeleteI love her sweet face. and I hope you got a little peace of mind! :D xo!